need advice on plant problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Neilan, I'll give that a try, but when I was attempting to establish a diffusion rate, altering the CO2 content of the water, I, of course, was also altering the Ph. All seems to be well (except the black algae problem) at a Ph of 6.8 to neutral. Can one go outside these boundaries without negative effects? Do you know the name of this algae, as I have been unable to find photos of anything similar.

Trogon

Yes, that's actually the point in how we measure the CO2. The lower the pH (relative to the kH) depicts the CO2 level. Using CO2 to lower the pH isn't hazardous (unless you push it way way too far), so this is actually preferred in a planted tank scenario.

Xmas+Java Moss lack of Growth [Help Needed]

Hi
My 1st visit here Bare with me,I have a 5ft tank on the back wall i fixed a plastic mesh to the lengh of the tank I placed bunches of the 2 mosses,Fixed to the metal then fixed the to the 3d background,I did this 3months ago,As yet no growth whatsoeverm Temp around 79-79f,The Light 4ft Glow strip on about 12hrs a day,My filter Fluval-FX5,And the Moss recives a flow of water,I Keep a mixure of South American+W-Africa Red Jewells Ect,What am I doing wrong,I was hopeing by now to have some kind of devepment in the growth of the Mosses, Many Thanks
ATB
Ceri

It can be one of two things:

The fish might be eating the moss. My SA chiclids love java moss but leave all the other plants alone. (weird fish)

Or

The lighting. Try going to a hardware store and finding a 48 inch(4 foot) daylight 6500k bulb.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom