Need advice regarding my sea apple !!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dredre0423

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Had it for about a week and tentacles were out and looked great but these past couple of days it hasnt opened up and since they r toxic i dnt want it to ruin my tank.

I don't know much about these i have seen them in my LFS. Can you post up a picture of it and also list your paramaters. How big is your tank and what is your routine for PWC?

I don't know much about these i have seen them in my LFS. Can you post up a picture of it and also list your paramaters. How big is your tank and what is your routine for PWC?

I was on another forum and some guy had one and his did exactly what mine was doing and the next day everything in his tank was dead because those r toxic so i took it out of my tank before i lost all of my corals n fish n anemone

I'd think it might be starving(?) They are filter feeders and require constant, pristine parameters. Along with your parameters, how old is your tank? Another potential factor is if you have any fish that are labeled as "with caution" in a reef b/c they might be picking on the sea apple. I think it has something to do with parameters and lack of food though.

All I know about sea apples is that they are extremely difficult and will kill everything when they die. So I avoid them. One of my LFS has had one for a long time, no one has bought it, so don't think I'm alone in that.

obscurereef said:
I'd think it might be starving(?) They are filter feeders and require constant, pristine parameters. Along with your parameters, how old is your tank? Another potential factor is if you have any fish that are labeled as "with caution" in a reef b/c they might be picking on the sea apple. I think it has something to do with parameters and lack of food though.

Poor fish probably don't realize that by picking on it they are killing themselves.

Back
Top Bottom