Need Fish Ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

Here is my fish list.

2 Clowns (already have now)

A few hermits/snails

1-2 Skunk Shrimp

1 Anemonae (Something pretty good like Long Tentical (dont like looks of bubbles))

Other than that I dont know what I want.

I was thinking something like a Sailfin Blenny, Jawfish Goby, Firefish, and that is all I can think of right now.

I need suggestions.

I will be building a canopy, and putting some eggcrate in the back to discourage jumpers.

As far as corals that I will want would be zoos, polyps, and mushrooms. Nothing hard to keep.

royal gramma, coral beauty (with caution in a reef), purple firefish, sixline wrasse.

Thats what I was thinking.

Would that dwarf Angel be good in my tank?

Minimum tank size is 30gal. It would add some great color to your tank, but it not considered 100% reef-safe. Some keep dwarfs in reefs with no trouble but ther is really no way to know for sure.

you also have the bare minimum for rock if you are using the rock as filtration. I would not consider putting any more than ONE more fish in the tank, 2 if they are fish that will remain very small and you will most likely end up with water quality issues with more than that.

go to a site like marinedepotlive.com or liveaquaria.com and read up on some of the fish you want. They both give recommended tank sizes and list other facts as far as reef safe etc. It is a start to doing some of your own research.

I bought 2 snails and 2 hermits.

LFS said "The hermits you can just dump right in, you dont have to acclimate them"

Is this true?

Anyway to be safe I am acclimating them and the snails.

I would acclimate the hermits as well. the temperature and salinity difference can still shock them. Sometimes lfs amaze me with their ignorance.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom