need help Aquascaping.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evo8

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so i brought home a bunch of live rock last night..i have it all in my tank stacked and all..any suggestions? i like it, however i feel like its all just piled in there..anyone agree? should i take some out? make more of a structure? there is PLENTY of holes caves and etc.:banghead::facepalm:

need help aquascaping!

sorry pics didnt post

Attachments

• 2013-10-17 12.55.10.jpg
    2013-10-17 12.55.10.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 2013-10-17 12.55.22.jpg
    2013-10-17 12.55.22.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 96
thanks! the bottom right im actually breaking up for my filter in the back! i was thinking the same about the top right.its one big piece going down to the sand..i think ill break that "ear" off though

You always want enough room away from the glass to clean. I agree with the suggestion though. Should look good.

sorry pics didnt post

It looks amazing !
I would move the piece from the glass as mentioned .
I really like the colour of the rocks ,
How are you coming along with the cycle ?

I lied guys! I just completley revamped the tank! Lol I made shelfs for future coral also a clear entrance into "the cave" Lol I now think its perfect! The only think I don't understand is..they say 2lbs of rock per gallon..no way I can fit 50-60 lbs in there! I only have about 30 now..oh and I got to take out 2 rocks and smashem up for my filter as well!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131017_152828.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131017_152828.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumRunner_20131017_152839.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131017_152839.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 82
looks good! cant wait to see some coral in it :) your likely going to have to upgrade your lights though, the stock biocube lights aren't very good. it probably also seems like a lot of rock, because your sand takes up space too and the biocube 29 is actually 26 gallons. i have about 48 lbs in my 29

looks good! cant wait to see some coral in it :) your likely going to have to upgrade your lights though, the stock biocube lights aren't very good. it probably also seems like a lot of rock, because your sand takes up space too and the biocube 29 is actually 26 gallons. i have about 48 lbs in my 29

thanks! im only planning on softies, maybe some shrooms, and other BEGINNER corals! lol. I have a 12"stunner Strip im going to install in the stock lighting soon. im going to go with either 3 or 4 of them strips at 6W each in the stock hood with the stock lights as well..should make for some nice lighting! ( 2 blue and 2 white) im fairly confident they will fit between the bulbs in the stock hood. I'm also planning on upgrading the fan system to 80mm superflow fans. The guy said it was about 30 lb. but i think its more like 35-40 lbs! his scale was broken so we guestimated! lol worked out for me. i also have probly 5 lbs at least of broken up pieces in my filter replacing the bioballs! i plan to put a submersably light back there with some chaeto also!

Back
Top Bottom