Need help - confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have lost a couple fish over the last few weeks. Two blood fins and now maybe a neon tetra. The main symptom is color fading, their colors seem to fade to white at the rear of the fish. There are no growths, no cottony attachments or anything else. The color begins to fade and then after a week they swim a little or erratically and then die. It's only one or two fish but I cannot find that symptom anywhere. My tank parameters are all good and the water temp is kept around 80. It is a moderately planted tank.

sounds like it might be neon tetra disease...one of the symptoms is losing the red streak on its belly and sadly, there isnt a cure :( sorry for your fish but i hope its not neon tetra disease

Sorry, afterthought. Could it be genetics, inbreeding, etc? I have read a little about the quality of stock available to us is declining.

JokerWx13 said:
sounds like it might be neon tetra disease...one of the symptoms is losing the red streak on its belly and sadly, there isnt a cure :( sorry for your fish but i hope its not neon tetra disease

Maybe, but it also happened to two of my bloodfins. The neon is losing its red color though.

neon tetra disease doesn't only affect neon tetras, it can spread to other tetras and even other fish too if they decide to pick on the dead carcass

Back
Top Bottom