Need help on feeding "Multifasciatus"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockarolla70

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need help on feeding "Multifasciatus" :confused:

1) Crushed Flakes: If we grind up the flakes for smaller size, do we have to ensure the flakes are sunk or is it ok to leave it floating. The reason for asking this question is that, it is tough to get multi's to the surface to feed. Secondly if they are new for the tank & then they are skittish/shy & the moment you hands go over the tank to drop the food all the multi's get into the nearest shells.

2) Sinking Pellets: 0.5mm pellets is it good to drop the whole pellet or even this should be crushed?? Secondly if they are new for the tank & then they are skittish/shy & the moment you hands go over the tank to drop the food all the multi's get into the nearest shells.

3) Freeze Dried Black Worms: Excellent food choice, but unconsumed can create havoc with the water parameters.

Unconsumed food floating on the surface is easier to remove than the food the substrate/sand (which is a real pain). Do the multi's really scavenge?? But none have mentioned clearly that they scavenge. My worry is more because if one is unable to remove the unconsumed food, this will change the water parameters in a big way which might not be good & might be irreversible.

I know eventually hunger will force them to eat, am panicking because am a newbie.

J feed my mollies a mix of foods. I find the only way to get the fry to eat is crushed flakes or blood worms.
I sink the flakes by taking a pinch, put it underwater and crush it there. It sinks pretty quickly and can get small enough for the fry.

No need to panic, these guys will happily forage from the substrate. It's inevitable that waste and uneaten food will end up under the shells, so I feed them 3 small meals throughout the day to minimize that.

I've always fed mine New Life Spectrum 0.5 mm sinking pellets. For fry I feed the NLS fry powder food. I occasionally feed them blood worms, and believe me they will not let a scrap go to waste if they can help it.

I'm also feeding mine New Life Spectrum food (Thera+A non-medicated); but it's listed as "Small Pellet" for the size and is between powder and the .5mm pellets. Keeping a lot of dwarf species, this size really hits the sweet spot!

No need to panic, these guys will happily forage from the substrate. It's inevitable that waste and uneaten food will end up under the shells, so I feed them 3 small meals throughout the day to minimize that.

I've always fed mine New Life Spectrum 0.5 mm sinking pellets. For fry I feed the NLS fry powder food. I occasionally feed them blood worms, and believe me they will not let a scrap go to waste if they can help it.

Thanks for the clarity Laser, there are a lot of NLS 0.5 sinking pellets, if you can provide me the link that would great. Secondly I have 10 (almost adults) Multi's, for these how many 0.5mm sinking pellets should I have to feed in each feed ??

I'm also feeding mine New Life Spectrum food (Thera+A non-medicated); but it's listed as "Small Pellet" for the size and is between powder and the .5mm pellets. Keeping a lot of dwarf species, this size really hits the sweet spot!

Thanks skrapeNKA for the clarity, I have NLS (Thera+A 1mm pellets) can you provide me the link of that one you have mentioned above, I need to keep them in stock to be ready for the fry's.

Back
Top Bottom