Need Help!! Possible Skin Parasite!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFanatic88

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have recently noticed that one of my Polka Dot Loaches flicks himself along the gravel and ornaments! One of my other PDL did this but he has seemed to stop. I cannot see any visible markings that would cause alarm. Other than the flicking he apears to be fine. I dont know what it is, how serious it is, or what to do!
Please Help!!

There are all sorts of reasons fish will flash including swings in PH, high nitrates, reaction to chemicals such was water conditioners, and parasites. So I would rule out everything else prior starting a medicated treatment for parasites.

HUKIT said:
There are all sorts of reasons fish will flash including swings in PH, high nitrates, reaction to chemicals such was water conditioners, and parasites. So I would rule out everything else prior starting a medicated treatment for parasites.

my water paramaters r fine, nitrate is alittle high but i just added a plant that helps suck them out of the water. i have not used any water conditioner or any other chemical since my monthly cleaning. should i start medicating with

AP PLUS +
Cure - Ick
Fast Relief for Ick

that is how the label reads.
it says it treats ick and other protozoan parasites.

for scaleless fish it says:
use 5 drops per gallon
it also says remove carbon and treat every 24 hrs for 3 days, if no change after last treatment then do 25% pwc and repeat treatments. then replace carbon 48 hrs after last treatment.

Is this what i should use / do?
is there any thing else i can do?
if i am wrong will my fish die?

I would not use any medication based just on seeing flashing. How high were the nitrate levels? It's possible the nitrate levels were causing the flashing and that can be corrected easily with water changes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom