Need Help!!!! Top of My DIY stand isnt level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dornblaser1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just built a stand for my 75 gallon tank. I had the stand nice and square, it looked perfect till i really got to look at it today. So the stand is leveled but the tank has an 1/8"- 1/4" gap at the back left corner about half the length of the tank. I must have not set the top box frame in all the way down. Is there any way i can make it so I dont have to tear apart my stand? Its wrapped and everything all it needs is stain. PLEASE HELP??? If i lift the right front corner up the 1/4" it brings the whole tank level so maybe foam would work.

I used wood shims on mine and wood glue to hold them in place while I was trying to still work on it and set the tank up. With it I had everything level but forgot about the concrete floor.

so you just used shims between the tank and stand and it didnt crack? did you fill the whole gap? i have heard of people using ply wood and styrofoam does that work

dornblaser1 said:
so you just used shims between the tank and stand and it didnt crack? did you fill the whole gap? i have heard of people using ply wood and styrofoam does that work

It didn't crack but from the weight of the tank it smashed it some, but its not off by a lot. BTW its 180 gallons In case you was wondering. I did fill the whole one side and some of the front and back too.

I don't see how styrofoam would work but maybe it would Idk. If it was me I'd add shims to the stand and tank. Or cut a piece of wood to raise it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom