need help with fish suggestions plz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcwolf666

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey :) i have a 2ft by 18 by 18 aquarium. Im trying to decide on what fish to put in there. Atm i have two platys in there and im two weeks through cycling. These are the fish i have already decided on. Cardinal tetras 10
Boesemans rainbowfish 3
Dwarf gourami 1
Ram cichlid 4
Corys 3
Glass catfish 3

Im also looking at cherry barbs and koolie loachs. I would really appreciate some suggestions for my tank :)

mcwolf666 said:
Hey :) i have a 2ft by 18 by 18 aquarium. Im trying to decide on what fish to put in there. Atm i have two platys in there and im two weeks through cycling. These are the fish i have already decided on. Cardinal tetras 10
Boesemans rainbowfish 3
Dwarf gourami 1
Ram cichlid 4
Corys 3
Glass catfish 3

Im also looking at cherry barbs and koolie loachs. I would really appreciate some suggestions for my tank :)

Hi!
Your tank is 33g and quite short lengthways so that limits your options.
The cardinal tetras are a good choice. :)
The boesemani rainbows get quite large and need a lot more swimming space than 2foot. So they aren't suitable for your tank.
Dwarf gourami is a good choice.
4 rams are probably going to have territorial issues. IMO you could have a single pair quite easily in there.
What kind of cories where you thinking? They prefer to be kept in schools of 4-6+ (depending on what kind).
IMO glass cats need more space than your tank can provide. They also need large schools and have been know to die of loneliness.
Cherry barbs and kuhlis are both a good choice. I would choose between kuhlis or cories.

That's what a 30 gallon or so? You're going to have trouble having four rams in a tank that size for sure. Glass catfish are a shoaling species so even if they'd work with the rest of the stock (not certain since I haven't kept them) then they'd need a group twice that size.

Hey thanks for the info guys. Im still working on the final plan and so i appreciate your input :) Have you got any suggestions of other types of fish that would be nice in this tank? Also i forgot to mention that it will be a planted tank :)

Back
Top Bottom