Need rock scaping advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i have a 25 gallon tank with 34lbs of rock at the moment, going to get 10 more lbs I think, I tried to spread it out across the back wall didnt feel like it filled the tank in enough so I tried an island look with a rock pile in the tank and dont like it at all. My rock pile only goes up about half way up my tank so im trying to figure out how to stack it better the problem is it gets so unstable so I want to try again tonight by doing things a bit different and have kind of a slop from the top corner of the tank going down to about 3/4ths the way to the right side of the tank. so that it like in a way the picture below. without the hole in the middle because IDK how to do that. I'm looking for some tips on how to get the rock more stable and things I can do to help stack the rock.

also is it safe to were laytex gloves while in the tank? the live rock has some crazy stuff on it that im still getting use to so im kind of afraid to touch it with my hands. also will removing the rock to work with it harm anything or do i need to leave it in the tank while I work with it? maybe I could just remove the base rock I have and leave the Live rock in the tank while I scape?

nano-tank-negative-aquascape.jpg

Your over complicating things lol. First off yes you can use latex gloves in the aquarium, just rinse the corn starch off them before you put them in the tank as a large amount of it can make your skimmer go crazy for a day. But why not just bare hand it, its not going to bite lol. Also you can remove it from the tank as long as it stays moist/damp on the outside your not really killing anything. So hope this helps out a bit. Once its outta the tank you can drill it, stack it, zip tie it, epoxy, shove pvc pipe through it, or whatever you can think of to make the desired look you have in your head.

Also you might have a little too much LR. I only run 1 pound per gallon and it works out fine biologically and gives the fish room to swim which = happy fish :)

thats why im going with this look, I think I have enough rock for filter reasons and would like alot of swimming area.

Its not really that hard to create just some drilling, PVC and epoxy really. Use a can of air to blast out the drilled areas then put the epoxy in the hole followed by the PVC and let it set up (takes like 1-2 mins) then super glue the outside to seal the hole and its done really. Take your LR and put it in a rubber storage container with a heater and circ pump and you could potentially work on it all night till you have your finished product.

I did my rock scape and it looks great IMO, The rock is very solid as well so i dont need to figure out how to secure it.

Back
Top Bottom