Need some help figuring out what lights I need!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquyenl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! So I have a 20H Top Fin kit from petsmart. I would like to grow plants in this tank, but I know that the lights they gave me are way too low. In the hood, the lights say it is a florescent 15W All Glass Aquarium bulb. It looks like I can pull out the bulb in the hood and replace it with a different one. The hood is 24" long I believe but I'm not sure how long the bulb itself is so I'm not sure how long the new bulb I need to get should be. Does anyone have any recommendations on what bulb I should buy to replace the one in my hood? Any help would be so great! I have some pictures of what my light fixture looks like:
e8pk51.jpg
15fg285.jpg
t5otiw.jpg

is there no strong light bulb that can fit in the hood? if i do need to get a new light hood fixture, should i just look for one that is 24" long? thanks!

no, the ballast in the fixture will only power a 15w (im assuming 18") T-8 bulb. You'll have to upgrade to a new fixture like this , except in a fw model (but not necessarily that fixture)

Back
Top Bottom