need some opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbhariz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone so I just bought a new 50 gallon tank as of right now its still cycling It is heavily planted and has sand and rocks and a couple of other things for decorations I was just wondering what kind of fish would you guys put in because I need some opinions I was thinking of getting fancy goldfish or cichlids or a combination of tropical fish just wondering what would be popular amongst you guys and what would look good

It's a matter of personal preference. I like (and keep) fancy goldfish. With a 50 gallon tank, you can comfortably keep a few.

RussellC said:
It's a matter of personal preference. I like (and keep) fancy goldfish. With a 50 gallon tank, you can comfortably keep a few.

And the plants would be lost in quick order!

RussellC said:
There are actually a few plants that are tough enough to stand up to goldies, but you're certainly right, a little care is in order when it comes to their selection.

Good to know. I've never seen it in a tank only in ponds.

Well that's some good advice what would you guys reccomend in just putting tropical fish like what kind of fish with what kind of other fish

Back
Top Bottom