Nemos anger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got two nemo clown fish 1-2 weeks ago I put my hand in the tank to move some rock and it attacked my ring what's up with this???

Yea they are territorial little buggers lol. When I clean the glass they bite my hand a lot. They defend their territory so that's why they bit you. No worry

its dependent on the individual clowns and how often you are putting your hands in the tank. neither one of my 2 clowns bothers me when im in the tank

Something people forget is that clownfish and damsels are related to cichlids meaning these fish can be aggressive.

Really that's interesting I never knew that about clowns. I actually have my hand in the tank quite a bit to keep algae off the front of my tank

My larger clown who i have had for 6 years will come up to my hand and poke me with his face as to say hi then "help" me clean the tank by following me around. I think its cool

Haha that's awesome I wanted to get a tomato or maroon clown they're beautiful but I got two nemos for 40$

Back
Top Bottom