Neon stuck in filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mishyc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just found my neon in the filter, I'm not sure if I've damaged him when getting him out or he already was! He started swimming but then goes tail heavy and has jerky movements! Can he be in shock, will he get over it?

It also seems he can't stay upright!

At the point at which fish are getting stuck in the filter something is probably wrong.

What are you water params? ammonia/nitrite/nitrate in that tank?

Hadn't done any today but yesterday the ammonia was0.25, nitrite and nitrate were 0, I done a 10 ltr water change and took the filter out and washed the media in water took from the tank. I'm not sure if this fish some how got in there when I put the filter back in, and before I switched it back on!

Update: put neon with the rest of the fish because he's swimming more normal! Checked parameters- ammonia 0.50ppm, nitrites and nitrates 0ppm. Done a 8ltr water change IMG_0413.jpg

Hi has no back fins that's why he goes down ward from the back

He has all his fins, but they are now a bit shabby, tail ones still intact! Tonight he is staying with the rest and was looking for food, apart from looking thin and shabby fins, I think he's going to make it

Update: although his tail and top fin are damaged, he was first to feed this morning and was staying with the others! Fingers crossed, he'll be fine and his damaged find will repair

Back
Top Bottom