Neon tetra disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do 2 teaspoon per gallon didn't want to make it any stronger.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Unfortunately too low to be much more than a tonic. Need to get it to 1 to 3%. Neons I had at 0.3% in tank so in general I find fish can handle more than we think. If dosing in tank, I lift salt gradually. In dips, it seems to be remove when fish rolls over / too agitated.

http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/Salt

Ok, it was 2wks on furan 2 then stopped (I was gave some from a friend then ordered), do have another not used. Metro only been used for 4 day's today so it's early with that. I'm thinking of starting furan 2 again with the metro?
I'll increase salt for dips. Thanks

Also noticing the food sinks, so I'm having that problem too Grrr! Little guy's don't like going down for it. Any suggestions?

Yes, try a course of furan2 and metro - see if that helps. As far as I know this is fine to combine the two meds.

Not really sure on solution for food sinking. Drying more maybe??

I'll start furan today, I feel like I'm getting nowhere!
I let food dry overnight but it sinks really fast, wondering if I just mix it in with bb and target feed them?
Could I just not be able to keep boraras? I'm starting to think that. :(

Yeah I know just getting disheartened really wanted these guy's.
Keeping my fingers crossed some survive.
Thanks again

Day 4 on metronidazole, decided to add it to the baby brine shrimp and target fed them. First time I've seen all eating, and some even colored up. Decided to put what's left of the brine into the fridge for the morning.
All inverts are still coping ok with the med.

Day 5
All ate again this morning, just fed them the bb that was left. They're actually looking not bad, some showing some pretty colors, and moving around the tank.

So the metro making a difference you think?

Just checking, but how is the tank going with the meds. Ammonia and ph ok?

So the metro making a difference you think?

Just checking, but how is the tank going with the meds. Ammonia and ph ok?

I think it is. Only 1 fish not looking so good but it's eating so I'm leaving him. Haven't started furan again but will if things go down hill.
I've had no problems with Ammonia or my ph so that's been good. Nitrate slightly went up which I think is due to the extra feeding as my filter's were dirty more than normal, so gave an early clean.
But everyone is coping well so that's good.

Day 7
Still feeding metronidazole 2 x daily, no deaths, the 1 I've been keeping an eye on still doesn't look so good but is eating so I'm not going to remove him yet.
All inverts have coped well with this med even when they've eaten it.

How are the rest looking? Are they getting more active and coloured up?
occasionally have clamped fins? (I'm thinking that is down to the flow coming off the filter, so I'm going to sit both filter's together and see what happens ) definitely more active and I'm seeing more color especially when they get fed :)

Day 8
Everyone still eating and looking a bit better. I have 1 that isn't very colorful and sits clamped fins a lot, not looking so good for him.
Inverts are still doing great, even when they've been eating it.

I think I'd get rid of that one that isn't coming good. Or separate to keep it reinfecting the rest. Just an imo.

I agree with you, it's really skinny even though it's eating.

Day 9, 1 more day to go!
Everyone eating and looking ok today, noticing color in the ones that were pale.
Euthanized the poorly one :(
Did a head count yesterday while they were eating, I had 41 and I'm down to 20 so I've lost a few sadly, but I've definitely lost all the fish I got from the lfs soo I'm thinking that's were it all started. I'm avoiding that store now I'll buy from a breeder.

Day 10
Last day off meds yippee!
All eating, swimming about and looking healthy! Can't believe the difference in them, I'm really pleased :thumbup: I hope it stays this way.
So yes I think it works and it's definitely invert safe no issues there.
Lesley

Back
Top Bottom