Neon tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cuvac

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

(Can't upload picture from my phone seemingly, will try at home on my wifi and see what happens, maybe you can help without the picture)
In the picture you can see how there seems to be something wrong with the neon just above its mouth. I have this same issue on 3 of the 6 neons I have. I had a school of 12 but have lost 6 over the last few weeks.

I have tons of species in my tank, ranging from guppies to shrimp to clown loaches to discus.... And I haven't lost any of those in the entirety of my fish keeping career (nearing 1 year now). I've struggled with losing neons since the beginning and I don't know what's wrong.

I told my lfs that I keep losing neons and they said I might have a disease going on in the neons that, if I'm not careful, might move over to my other fish.

Usually, besides the weird upper lip, if fish have actual lips, I notice that all my neons change colors from bright blue to greenish, then I lose one and all the others turn bright blue again.

What could be wrong here?

Cuvac

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Without knowing any of your tank size and parameters, I'm placing dibs on 10 different responses. Beyond that, neons are just horrible in any tank IMO. Not to mention the neon/Discus match up is a horrible pairing. What's the tank temp ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Back
Top Bottom