neon tetras acting strange please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freckled0912

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A few weeks ago, I bought 5 neon tetras. The next morning on was swimming very strange and when I came home a couple of hours later it was dead. The next day I noticed the same thing so I scooped it up to flush it (maybe the cold water would have shocked him and ended his misery). but then i decided to put it in a plastic bag to take it to the pet store. The other 3 are still alive but every once in a while a couple of them will start acting weird and will separate from each other. None of my other fish seem affected except my dwarf gourami who seemed to hide a lot more. I took tests and the nitrates were too high and the ph was too low and since its been pretty hot outside lately the temperature is a little bit too high.
Oh and they seem to twitch a lot too and above their shiny stripe they will get dark.
:thanks:

. I took tests and the nitrates were too high and the ph was too low and since its been pretty hot outside lately the temperature is a little bit too high.

water change correct your ph , nitrates and water temps
believe it or not you answered your own questions
not taking action will be disaster

Back
Top Bottom