Neon tetras dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielfishlover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i have had neon tetras in my tank for around a month but last night suddently one died and then this morning another 3 died i am not sure what is happening but they look scared and not eating much. There are 2 small angelfish, 3 guppies and 5 rummy nose tetras in 26g . i had 12 neon tetras now i have 8. However i dont believe its the tank mates as i dont see any aggresion and they have never minded each other and they have been together for over 2 weeks. Only thing i have changed was decor. Still have plenty of hideing space but i added plants, they just hide underneath the leaves however one is completly on the other side of tank. What should i do?

Do you have anyway to check the water parameters? Angels and tetras don't mix well either.

If your tank is fully cycled, and the other fish are okay, then the problem might be neon
tetra disease. Sounds bogus, but that's really the diseases name. It specifically targets neons, there is no known cure. The first symptom of NTD is the infected neon stops eating and isolates itself away from the school. It's important to remove the fish at that point as to control the spread of the disease. It shouldn't affect your other fish. Another point, not a good idea to mix Angel fish with neon tetras. When the angels get a little bigger, which won't take long, the neons will be lunch. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom