Nervous Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

merelymiche

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I am just starting out my first saltwater tank in my house. I have had many different freshwater tanks throughout my life, but wanted to do a way with fake rocks/plants and try out a FOWLR tank, possibly adding a reef tank once I have the maintenance down to a T.

I bought a 55gal tank and stand, and have been cycling for the past 5 weeks. Unfortunately, when my water was tested, he assured me that there is NO WAY a new fish will survive. With a pout on my face, I returned home to do yet another water change and hope for the best.

I am currently on my way for another way check and hoping for the best! I will definitely have many questions for you all in the next few weeks! I'm hoping to start out with a few clown fish for the small Nemo=crazed toddlers, but am open to any other fish besides that.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Merelymiche

Buy your own liquid test kit. The stores test with strips that are not all that accurate. I started with strips and then switched to an API, the colors are a little hard to read sometimes, but I suppose that comes with time.

Welcome to AA!

Hey! I was so nervous I could not sleep when I finally got to buying fish.... My husband would have to send me a pic everyday when he got home saying "All are still swimming" lol. As time has gone by tho, I have gotten a lot more comfortable with it.... but Still new and learning as I go.

Back
Top Bottom