New 112litre FishTank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamiWolfee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So we already have our goldfish, but there in a little tanks currently due to listening to lfs. So we went and bought the biggest tank we could fit into our flat. We got a second hand Jewel tank with built in filter. We have a almost year old Shubunkin and an old common goldfish. So far for our new tank we have got our substrate, decoration/rock, Filter media. Our next buys are the bubble wand, air pump etc and new to get an aquarium mat for underneath the tank . I'm not sure when I start the cycling process if it'd be best to add an ammonia to help the cycle along does this help or not? It'd be our first time doing a fish less cycle. Many thanks

Sami ????? I ? My ?

Got a bit confused reading that. If you have a currently established tank just take some filter media from there and put it in the filter of the new tank. This will help give a bump to your cycle.

Go to your local hardware store. Most sell bottles of pure ammonia (runs about 9-10% ammonia concentration). This stuff is strong try not to inhale it or get it on yourself. It works great for doing a Fishless cycle though. Get a liquid test kit to monitor your levels during the cycle and you can keep a journal of the readings. You are shooting for 3-4ppm of ammonia as far as dosing.

Personally I believe you could do one common goldfish in that 29g. That's about bare minimum for a Goldie.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thank you, yea I know the tank isn't idle but it's all we can do at the moment. I'll look In the hardware store next week.

Sami ????? I ? My ?

Back
Top Bottom