New 2 inch sand sifting starfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck. I've given up on them. Seem to starve. May need to stick some meaty food under him from time to time. I don't know, but my guess is that if he were finding food in the sand, he wouldn't be on the glass.

Once you see his body get appear as sand is sticking to it, he's beginning to have serious problems. I use nassarius vibex snails for my sand stirring now. Best thing since sliced bread for me.

Before it is all over he`ll be everywhere. Just pick him up and drop him in the sand.

Mine stays pretty much in the substrate. It does occasionally climb the glass but not much. It will need to be supplemented in a 37gal. They will deplete the fauna in a sand bed in no time. They really require larger systems to survive long-term.

like lando says they need larger tanks to live long term and the need a mature tank with live sand. IMO you should take it back if you want it to live long term. They eat sand bed critters and need LS, and in a small tank they will eat the food quickly.

I will definatly take him back once I make a trip out the huge LFS about 40 mins from my house. I went to get some nassarius snails and they were all out so I opted for a SS star. I hate the LFS some times. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom