New 20g Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have started dosing pps pro for about 2 weeks. Is that sufficient time to know if I am on the right track? My new ARs are kinda getting brown and slowly losing their red. Just trying to get a sense of how much time folks allow the tank before tweaking a parameter.

I have started dosing pps pro for about 2 weeks. Is that sufficient time to know if I am on the right track? My new ARs are kinda getting brown and slowly losing their red. Just trying to get a sense of how much time folks allow the tank before tweaking a parameter.

Post your tank setup stats&if I can help you I will..thx

20L Mafia

Tank 1- 20G Long
Finnex Planted plus
Pressurized CO2 2bps via C02 ladder
Fluval 305 Cannister Filter
Eco Complete substrate
PPS Pro Dosing 2.5mm Micro and Macro
Nitrate - 10ppm
Phosphate - 5ppm

Tank 2- 20G Long
Finnex Planted plus
Pressurized CO2 2bps via Fluval Microbubbler
Eco Complete substrate
Nitrate - 20ppm
Phosphate - 10ppm

i have not done a water change for about 2 weeks as the nitrates were pretty low. Next PWC this weekend. Will change out about 7.5 gallons (due to height of filter intake). The red in tank 2 is a bit darker brown than tank 1

Tank 1- 20G Long
Finnex Planted plus
Pressurized CO2 2bps via C02 ladder
Eco Complete substrate
Nitrate - 10ppm
Phosphate - 5ppm

Tank 2- 20G Long
Finnex Planted plus
Pressurized CO2 2bps via Fluval Microbubbler
Eco Complete substrate
Nitrate - 20ppm
Phosphate - 10ppm

i have not done a water change for about 2 weeks as the nitrates were pretty low. Next PWC this weekend. Will change out about 7.5 gallons (due to height of filter intake). The red in tank 2 is a bit darker brown than tank 1

Water changes are for more than removing nitrate! You should be doing them weekly

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Water changes are very important& weekly wc's are a necessity...replenishing electrolytes&trace elements..I time my wc's to coincide with maintenance...I have a separate bottle for dosing nitrate(i rarely dose)...also during wc's we're removing dissolved solids&various waste materials which haven't been picked up by filtration...take advantage of the weekly clean up...if you are aware of the comments above plz disregard..

20L Mafia

Post some pics of your ar plz...

20L Mafia

I also scaled back my dosing&photoperiod..
2.5 ml's macros
2.5 ml's micros
Also maintain elevated doses of iron&phosphates...
total photoperiod of 5.5hrs
20L Mafia

Update: I scored a male ele blue ram from a local breeder yesterday..
Since has been acclimated&has adjusted to his new tank...Sweet coloration!
The dhg is doing fine&needed a hair cut earlier today during maintenance,still have my fingers crossed though!
C'mon dhg carpet for me!

20L Mafia

Update: I scored a male ele blue ram from a local breeder yesterday..
Since has been acclimated&has adjusted to his new tank...Sweet coloration!
The dhg is doing fine&needed a hair cut earlier today during maintenance,still have my fingers crossed though!
C'mon dhg carpet for me!

20L Mafia

What? Posting a description of a nice looking new fish and plant updates and NO pics? The audacity. ?

What? Posting a description of a nice looking new fish and plant updates and NO pics? The audacity. ?

I concur, agree, and agree too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank looks a little rough right now...I broke my ginsu knife out&chopped the ar down saving only the healthiest new growth but also added an old favorite behind the ar...hygro siamensis back into the 20L..probably a couple days before I post a pic or 3...

20L Mafia

Also the other 20L I have I'm gonna trade in for a 30L which I think I'm gonna have drilled&add a corner overflow..

20L Mafia

Electric blue ram is nice

I'll put up some more pics later,so hard to get a good pic of..
Do you have any reccomendations for a plant or plants that would fit my setup?

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom