new 28 gal set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alzy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
new to tropical fish so please bear with me. My lovely daughter wanted to get some fish so we started her with a small 3gal tank and 4 guppies. 2 males 2 females (fancy tails). I know most of you are probably laughing right now. But Mother Nature took her course and we had three different broods. Beautiful little fish!! We were just given a used 28 gal tank and wanted to give our new family a lot of room. so far so good used tyap water that had set in the tank for 48 hrs filtering all the while. The filter set up has 2 filtration mediums. One is a course 3M looking pad while the other is fine material over what I suspect is charcoal inside. the mediums art used and dont know if this is a good idea but I have to wait to buy fresh if necessary. I also used the de-chlorinating drops as directed and today I noticed the water has a slight haze to it. I also have an air pump running full blast that keeps the water moving. I will post about the new fish that I just bought cause I cant remember what they are. So.... any advice from this post would be greaty appredciated

Back
Top Bottom