New 29gal biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most people put the heater in the first chamber where the water comes in. The second chamber usually has chaeto algae and a light that goes on the back of the tank after peeling away the black paint. And the 3rd chamber most just upgrade the stock pump to a maxi jet 1200 or something.

I would do heater in the first; inTank media rack (filter floss on top, chemi-pure in the middle, and chaeto algae in the bottom) and light in the 2nd chamber, and maxi jet 1200 upgrade

yeah as of now i have heater in 1st chamber with carbon sack. my protien skimmer takes up all of my 2nd chamber and stock pump in 3rd chamber. what do you think about the media basket with skimmer in 2nd chamber? i was thinking of getting that

You might be able to put the skimmer in the first chamber, move the heater to the 3rd, and media basket in the 2nd. I'm not really sure what people have done when adding a skimmer. I'm sure if you search around, some people have had ideas and posted pictures or something

Most people do upgrade lights. I would recommend nanotuners.com

They have a lot of light upgrades available if you are a DIY'er. Some are as simple as just adding one more bulb, metal halide retros. But their best upgrade is the leds.

I don't have a BC, but I am in the process of building a 28 gallon NC CF-Quad. I bought a 24 NC hood for pretty cheap and gutted the lights out. Going to install NanoTuners 4.6 led retrofit in it and install that onto the NC. I'm picking up the NC this weekend and going to be working on getting those leds while gathering other things to put the tank together.

Back
Top Bottom