new 3 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RICH305

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so i bought this little 3 gallon tank for a great deal with a pump and light brand new for 7$ here is the question is it worth setting up?what king of fish can live in a small tank as such thanks!!

I don't know of any fish that would be suitable for a tank that size. The biggest thing is keeping the SG steady along with keeping ammonia and nitrates down. I know people that have put damsels in a tank that size but to me that is trying to live 24 hours a day 7 days a week in my closet. You could do a pom pom crab or sexy shrimp.

i was thinking like jawfish they stay under rocks all day..i have 2 in my 85 gallon tank and i never see them so....i dont knowjust a thought. thanks n e ways and that is really a small tank like you said.

RICH305 said:
ok so i bought this little 3 gallon tank for a great deal with a pump and light brand new for 7$ here is the question is it worth setting up?what king of fish can live in a small tank as such thanks!!

Neon goby would work.

I had a green clown goby in my 4g pico and that was pushing it. I would get liek a whole bunch of inverts. pompoms, sexy shrimp, golden coral banded shrimp, maybe a small fire shrimp, some neat hermit crabs....there's a bunch of cool inverts to get. And if the lights good enough you can always do low light corals

A single neon goby would probably work, though not unlike Carey I think that inverts are better suited for a pico.

Back
Top Bottom