New 30 Gal (hopefully planted) long Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taylorodw

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a new (used) 30 gal long tank that is completely empty. I have a Tetra Whisper 60 filter, 200 watt heater, and a 20 watt light (all used).

I don't have a place to put it yet so it's sitting on the floor - in about 11-14 days I'll have a table to put it on (my girlfriend is going to build it so I'm waiting).

I know I can't move it with water in it, so I'm wondering - while I wait to move it to its final location, is there anything I can do that won't be un-done when I take the water out to move it? I could set it up and run it on the floor meanwhile.

I know the tank needs to cycle, but is there anything else I can do in the meanwhile (like begin planting?)

I would just wait until you get a stand. Make sure it is a sturdy table if it is not designed for aquariums. With just water you are looking at close to 350lbs. I would just wait, even the substrate at the bottom might be too much for the seals if you move it. I have about 50lbs of rocks in the bottom of mine and I wouldn't even dare moving it unless it is empty.

PS - is this the tank from craigslist you posted about in another thread? I remember the 30g L and the Tetra 60.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom