New 35 gallon -bigger fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have recently acquired a 35 gallon tank (dims 3ft x 1.5 high x 1 deep) and hope to rehome a school of red eye tetras (5), as they seem a little active for my 17gallon. I will probably add another 2 or 3 to make it more of a school.

I would like a single centrepiece fish in here and was hoping for angel. Is the tank a little on the small size for an angel? If so, what other bigger fish might be suitable in there?

An angel, gourami or betta would all be fine in that tank. It'd be a perfect size for all of them and more! Also a dwarf cichlid would also be a good focal point for the tank:D

richardh said:
Thanks, not that familiar with dwarf chilids, so I'll have a look on google images

Some of my favorites to look up would be german blues, bolivians, keyholes, and any apistogramma ( think I just screwed up that spelling!)

Personally, I do not recommend any angels/bettas/gouramis with red eyed tetras. There is of course some variability with fish, but of all the red-eyes I have kept, they were nasty and nippy to angels and bettas. So, thats why I don't recommend them to be kept together.
Dwarf cichlids are a bit faster than angels and don't have the long fins, so I think they would be a better choice as a centerpiece in this case. :)

That was my suspicion with the red eyes. They are like lightning :O
I'll see what I can find in my lfs, dwarf cichlid wise

Back
Top Bottom