New 55 Gal tank off level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

staplemonger

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I'm Jeff and I'm new here. Nice to meet all you! Anyway, I recently got and set up my first tank, a 55 gal freshwater. It's on a faux wood floor in my apartment, not carpet. I thought that the tank sat pretty level but I'm seeing the water level off on one end by a few cm. Also, I've noticed that after I already went and filled the think, the aquarium isn't sitting entirely even on the stand-maybe one or two mm off from being perfectly even. I've been reading on here about the twisting forces of doom and I was wondering what exactly I should be worried about and how to check for said problems. I was planning on doing a water change in the next few days at which point I was going to make sure the aquarium was perfectly even along the stand, but other than that I wouldn't know how to make the water any more level. Thanks for all your help!

Welcome to AA! A little bit unlevel is common in aquarium tanks. But only a bit. I would do the water change and make sure the tank is set right on the stand. You can use shims under the stand if the tank remains unlevel after you set it square on the stand.

Back
Top Bottom