New 55g all in one kit with stand for beginner, good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

w1kk3d

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New 55g tank kit with new stand: $150. Good deal?
Hi everyone. First time poster, long time lurker. Have an opportunity to purchase a brand new Aqua Culture (think it was sold at Walmart) 55 gallon tank with The following:

Size 55 glass aquarium (48 L x 13 W x 20 H)
Deluxe fluorescent full light hood, complete with 2 daylight spectrum bulbs
AquaTech 30-60 Power Filter with BIO-Fiber biological filtration and EZ-Change #3 filter cartridge
200 Watt UL aquarium heater
Thermometer
Tetra food and water conditioner samples
Fish net
Thermometer
Easy setup instructions
TetraCare support information
Ideal for fresh water tropical fish, gold fish, or fish only salt water aquariums
Aquarium holds approximately 53-55 gallons of water when fully decorated
Black stand with concealed hinge panel doors

All this for $150. What do you guys think, good deal? My parents were big into tropical fish tanks growing and I remember watching them for hours. Good memories. Could go used for slightly less money but the ones that I've seen we're not in very good shape. Need your advice. Thanks in advance!

It's all up to you I can find a 55g complete for $50-$100 here in Dallas but of course it's used. A new on you won't have to worry about anything tank wise. It might be worth it to wait for petsmart to have the $1 a gallon sale. I think it will be in June or July from reading on this forum.

Compared to the 55 gal. kits around here, $150 seems pretty good, especially since it comes with the stand. The same kit here at Petsmart goes for $250.

w1kk3d said:
New 55g tank kit with new stand: $150. Good deal?
Hi everyone. First time poster, long time lurker. Have an opportunity to purchase a brand new Aqua Culture (think it was sold at Walmart) 55 gallon tank with The following:

Size 55 glass aquarium (48 L x 13 W x 20 H)
Deluxe fluorescent full light hood, complete with 2 daylight spectrum bulbs
AquaTech 30-60 Power Filter with BIO-Fiber biological filtration and EZ-Change #3 filter cartridge
200 Watt UL aquarium heater
Thermometer
Tetra food and water conditioner samples
Fish net
Thermometer
Easy setup instructions
TetraCare support information
Ideal for fresh water tropical fish, gold fish, or fish only salt water aquariums
Aquarium holds approximately 53-55 gallons of water when fully decorated
Black stand with concealed hinge panel doors

All this for $150. What do you guys think, good deal? My parents were big into tropical fish tanks growing and I remember watching them for hours. Good memories. Could go used for slightly less money but the ones that I've seen we're not in very good shape. Need your advice. Thanks in advance!

IMO that's a great deal i paid 800$+ for my 55 and nothing fancy. Hob bad lights.

If its the same one I'm thinking of its got the iron stand right? I don't care for the walmart kits at all but that's my opinion. I got a used 46 gallon bowfront with everything for $50

Back
Top Bottom