New 55Gal Fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice man!!!! Hahah glad to hear you almost finished..

Yup is that bad ?

I see I see. So should I do a water change soon?

Once your ammonia and nitrite and 0 and all you had left is sky high nitrates then yes do a bug water change, an hour after your water change test your water to make sure nitrates are 20 or below. Do your water change the night before you get fish. If something happens and you can't get fish the day after your water change, dose some ammonia to keep the bacteria fed.

Once your ammonia and nitrite and 0 and all you had left is sky high nitrates then yes do a bug water change, an hour after your water change test your water to make sure nitrates are 20 or below. Do your water change the night before you get fish. If something happens and you can't get fish the day after your water change, dose some ammonia to keep the bacteria fed.

Will do! Thank you for the advice!! What if both are sky high right now? Nitrites and nitrates? My ammonia goes does fast in 24 hours so I just keep redosing up until 4ppm.. Is that okay?

Yup is that bad ?

I think its normal for this "nitrite spike" to last a while...at least from what I've read. I've been using a combination of a few online guides and they all mention long nitrite phases.

and yup i think i spoke too soon about being finished with cycling - my pH crashed this morning. Its been very stable the last 3 weeks at 7.4 but this morning I tested and it was like 6.5 so not sure whats up...on goes the battle!

I think its normal for this "nitrite spike" to last a while...at least from what I've read. I've been using a combination of a few online guides and they all mention long nitrite phases.

and yup i think i spoke too soon about being finished with cycling - my pH crashed this morning. Its been very stable the last 3 weeks at 7.4 but this morning I tested and it was like 6.5 so not sure whats up...on goes the battle!

Your right about the nitrite spike, I think I remember reading it can last up to two weeks sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom