New 60l tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newbie1987

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, recently got a 60l tank cycled with nutrafin, 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 40ppm nitrates, I wanted to kno if I'd be overstocked with

3 males guppies
6 neons
3 platys
2 shrimp

Obviously going to add fish slowly bit by bit but wanted to know if these fish are suitable tank mates/too many and what order would be best to add them in

In what amounts to a 15G tank I would think so. You should do a water change to get your nitrates below 20 before adding any fish.

What sort of setup would you suggest fish type/number wise? Want a colourful tank, I'm set on guppies. I'm not adding my fish yet just researching what would be best :)

Be careful with guppies, they will have babies non stop! I think youll be fine with that stofk

I might leave out the neons but my bf is set on them as he likes schooling fish, I kno guppies are crazy breeders so getting males, Dnt want to risk a pregnant female. I originally wanted a betta but can't because of guppies

Male guppys are quite colorful..I would add. Them and the platys in..then wait at least a three or four days add the neons...and wait about a week and a half for debree build up and all on the bottom to build up then add the shrimp

They're like 1.99 a dozen and (moderator edit) good clean up crew so if you go with a bigger tank I'd get a dozen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for my tank to fully cycle :) I might get cherry shrimp instead, I think is spend half my time just looking for the ghost shrimp lol

Bamboo shrimp are also neat to watch..also electric blue crayfish could be cool..not sure if they're compatible with your fish/tank side though look into it.

My tanks cycled :) I'm getting my guppies today and still thinking of other ideas, one being a small sucking loach, however my sister had one before and her guppies started to die shortly after he was added. Could it have been responsible if it was hungry? Or did they maybe die from something else? One guppie was nowhere to be found so she thought it had been eaten. She had mollies which are still fine. I don't want to waste time and money putting in a fish tht will eat each other. Also amano shrimp are able to eat a small guppy? Dnt kno if I want them now. Any thoughts

I've never heard of a loach eating fish..nor shrimp..she could introduced a parasite with the loach that killed the guppies. Be careful your guppies will have an unlimited supply of babies! Try and get colorful males only

Back
Top Bottom