New 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone.

So i was doing a 12g. Nano, but i recently set up a 75 g. tank.

Here is what I'm seeing. Its been set up for about 3 weeks now, I had raw shrimp in for a few days, but i removed them. My levels all leveled out, so I went ahead and added my 2 maroon clowns, who are doing great. They are eating well and everything.

I'm getting what looks like hair algae, basically it looks like little plants growing on my glass. I'm not sure if this is bad, the sand collects some brown algae, but on the glass the algae is green.

I'll repost with my levels, but I just want to know if this is normal.

I'm wondering if the excess of algae could be due to the fact that i have not gotten curtains or blinds for the window in my room?i should get on that.

thanks

Direct sunlight can cause algae issues. Does the tank get direct light and if so during what period of the day. Direct light in the late afternoon can be bad not only for the light causing algae but also for temperature swings.

Its fairly normal for a new tank to go thru an algae process as excess nutrients are consumed from the cycle phase.

Back
Top Bottom