New addition to 29 gal help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 2 blue rams 1 dwarf gourami and cories and shrimp. At first I was going to breed my German blue rams, they laid eggs but none survived. My tank just feels do bare so I changed my mind and want something new. Would you suggest maybe some more cichlids? Or stick with smaller fish like neons?

With that stock list if your looking for other cichlids they should be peaceful and relatively small so I'd look at Cleithracara maronii, they fit the bill perfectly.

What about African cichlids? At petsmart I know they have a tank of assorted African cichlids. The rest of the cichlids are like tiger oscars or other big fish

Pckerfreak44 said:
What about African cichlids? At petsmart I know they have a tank of assorted African cichlids. The rest of the cichlids are like tiger oscars or other big fish

African cichlids get too big. I would put Africans in a 55 at minimum.

I would also do some kind of dwarf cichlid. Bolivian rams and cockatoo apistos are my favorites.

I see. The problem is irk any place near me that sell these kinds of cichlids u guys are naming

Ordering online will probably be your best bet. You could also try asking an LFS to get some in stock for you.

Isnt the shipping online really expensive?

Yes and no, while some charge overnight shipping at $30-40 others like myself ship fish through USPS Priority for $12-15. I would start your search on sites like Aquabid.

AquaBid.com - Sell or buy aquarium equipment and fish in an auction format

I know Severum Mama has Cleithracara maronii for sale with reasonable shipping prices and great stock.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f25/fs-fish-plants-inverts-ready-to-ship-7-9-2012-a-214806.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom