New Additions..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fischerman45

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tomorrow I'm planning on picking up a Harlequin Shrimp & a Valentini Saddle Puffer and maybe some bristle worms:3 for my reef tank. The puffer is small only around 2" so I'm hoping I can get him to eat frozen mysiss shrimp instead of my inverts & corals! Any tips on that?
And also the harlequin shrimp should eat my invasion of asterina stars right?

Yes the shrimp should eat those stars,,but i think thats it...it may die after all those are gone,,unless the puffer gets it first..(which i think is very likely )

Just be ready to find more food for the harlequin after he eats your starfish cause thats ALL they eat. You can buy chocolate chip starfish and cut off the legs one at a time for future food. I wanted a harlequin as well but the gross part of cutting off starfish legs changed my mind. lol

Yeah I was planning on getting 2 chocolate chips, keeping them in my sump and cycling them out. And I'm hoping my puffer won't bother them. Many people have had success with this type of puffer in a reef environment. If he starts eating I will prolly out him in my sump until I make it back to the lfs!

I just picked up the puffer harlequin shrimp. even came out with 2 nice looking toadstools For only $40.
The guy at the lfs wouldn't give me any bristle worms.. Not sure why. I want some now!
Pics up when I get home!

Puffer update! I've had him almost a week now and he hasent bothered anyone so far coral included and I hope it stays this way because he's quickly becoming my favorite!
The harlequin eats an asterina a day atleast!
And the $40 toadstools are doing great.

Attachments

• image-2042016021.jpg
    image-2042016021.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 90
  • image-4062039157.jpg
    image-4062039157.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3923353072.jpg
    image-3923353072.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 89
I had a valentini for awhile. Then after two months he started eating my duster (which survived!), ate all my mushrooms, and I'm assuming he ate my chocolate starfish because he disappeared overnight. A day after the starfish went missing my puffer started swimming funny. Next day he was stuck to a Hydor. I think he ate his fat *** to death, because the starfish was twice his side. I was feeding him mysis shrimp bit he still had a taste for live specimens. Just keep a close eye.

Back
Top Bottom