New Additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sabrehorn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Jujst checked my tank about an hour ago, and, well, I have a "few" new additions. My Kribs were spending a lot of time in a 'cave' and I was wondering if maybe they were spawning. Sure enough, now I have krib fry.
:D

Sabrehorn said:
Jujst checked my tank about an hour ago, and, well, I have a "few" new additions. My Kribs were spending a lot of time in a 'cave' and I was wondering if maybe they were spawning. Sure enough, now I have krib fry.
:D
let me know when they get older, i may take some off you hands if they make it :? i have have been thinking of getting some kribs :D

One thing someone told me is that putting creatine-free protein in the tank with the fry will help them grow faster. Is this true?

Well, it is as I suspected would happen. the baby Kribs are no more. But, all is not lost. The female appears to be nesting yet again. Third time's a charm, I hope. Anyway, what I was thinking about doing is prepping my 20h and transfer the Kribs over to there so they can spawn in peace. Probably will be easier to monitor water quality and such as well.

Spoke too soon. Looks like when I turn the light off, she leads them back into the cave. When I come home from work and turn the light on, she brings them out. I really hope at lease two of them survive

Fry are no more. But, she is willing and able again, so I would imagine in few weeks, we shall have some more.

Got a 55g All Glass I think. As soon as I figure out how to upload a picture, I shall post it.

Well, it's been a few months now, and after putting my Kribs into a 20h, the fry have survived, most if not all anyway. I transferred the parents and all the fry to a 45 and all seem to be really happy. Got a couple that are growing quite nicely and some that are the runts of the spawn. Wish I had a decent digital camera so I can post a picture.

Hope your fry are doing well, I bet they have grown since the end of May. Do some research on the camera, it isn't easy getting the great shots that people post on the net. Wish you lived closer to Kansas, I would love some young kribs!

Back
Top Bottom