New and I have questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McClapyourhands

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have never been a part of a forum before, but i have always loved fish! I recently have had a horrible issue with my fish tank and have received no answers from others I have asked. I have had fish on and off for multiple years now. Mostly tropical fish and for some crazy reason, recently a fiddler crab! I am completely out of my element on that one, 2 days in she escaped from a closed container, earning her the name Escape ( Imagine Dory saying it).

Was she kept in freshwater? I don't know much about crabs, but fiddlers are probably best off in brackish water, and won't do too well in a freshwater environment. That might have caused her to attempt the "escape". :)

I am not sure what the water was at the time. It was the day after I bought her and was setting up her new tank. I researched how to make a half land half water tank. I moved her into the tank later that day and now use brackish water....she LOVES it. She has a little hiding place and is mostly crawling around in the water. No more "escape" attempt!

Back
Top Bottom