New AquaClear 50 making rattling sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bevoholic

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there anyway I can fix this? It's not horribly bad, but it's loud enough to notice. I saw a video on YouTube saying to apply vaseline to the impeller, but I'm skeptical of that because I don't want vaseline getting into the water.

Anyone have any ideas?

If it were mine I'd take it back and swap for a diff one. My AC 50 is completely silent.

If possible that's probably a good option.

One thing I just thought of... have you made sure that the filter is level? I know if they aren't level they can make a little noise.

One thing I just thought of... have you made sure that the filter is level? I know if they aren't level they can make a little noise.

It is level. I actually used a level to make sure. I'll try the vaseline, if that doesn't work I'll take it back. I also opened it up to check if anything was inside, but it was clean.

It was defective. It started making a god awful grinding sound that I could hear from across the house. I ran into my room to make sure it hadn't sucked up some gravel or something and it was smoking. I unplugged it, pulled out the impeller, and noticed it was severely bent. At least right now, nothing is in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom