New Aquarium/ Injured fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmb4516

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just purchased a 65 gallon used aquarium. The only thing that the person had in it was a 3 striped damsel. She had let all of her live rock die off and it was invested with algae. In the move I believe the damsel got injured. It has some scratches on its body and it just lays on its side at the bottem of the aquarium. It also has and almost greenish tint to it at the front of its head. All water tests are normal.

I'm not overly attached to this fish, but I'd hate to see it die if I can save it. Any help?

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your damsel :( There is a product on the market called Melafix which will help your damsel recover within a couple of days. It's all natural herbs that has come thru for me many times. I once had a very damaged fish at the point of death. It took two weeks, but he recover and stood with me for almost two years!
Good Luck

WWW.aquariumpharm.com

She didn't make it through the night. I was going to get some of the stuff this morning but when i got up, she was gone.

Now I have an empty aquarium.

Im sorry to hear that bmb.

Have you checked your ammonia levels? If they had let the tank go as much as it sounds then you might just need to recycle the tank before you add additional fish.

Back
Top Bottom