New aquarium suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Partsman41953

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I am new here and I am looking for suggestions on a new aquarium setup. I have had a 28 gallon bow front aquarium up and running for about 8 years but to be honest with you have no clue what I am doing. My aquarium has live rock, sand base, 2 clown fish, and pulsing Xenia which is taking over the aquarium, the reason for upgrading. Equipment wise I have a Reef Octopus BH100 protein skimmer, Hydor power head, and a Chinese LED light which has 48 Cree bulbs in it. I guess it must be working as my take is the healthiest it has been since I started this hobby without green algae.

Anyhow, I am looking to upgrade to either a 55 or 75 gallon aquarium and would like to know if I should go with a drilled tank, overflow box system or just get another protein skimmer and just go that route. Again, I have no clue what I am doing but am a quick learned if some could explain how to plumb a drilled tank if that is the way to go.

Also, where would be the best, and cheapest, place to get a new tank?

Thanks,

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom