New aqueon ensemble, tank not flush?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visionist

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a new 36g bowfront with stand and it seems the edges are flush but the entire middle is off by a papers width. Is this of any concern?

Sent from my LG G2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app.

Aqueon rep stated
The gap in the middle of the tank will correct itself once the weight of the water is in the tank, this will settle the tank more evenly on the stand.
does this sound right?

Papers thin I wouldn't worry but definitely not normal. I would get that in writing from the rep and save it in case something did happen.

Papers thin I wouldn't worry but definitely not normal. I would get that in writing from the rep and save it in case something did happen.

Well, I could just reinforce the back area with plywood, which would raise the top so it would be flush. I do plan on building a custom stand anyways.

I checked all the stand combos at my work(petsmart) and they are all like this minus one. A 55g tank and stand, a 56g column and stand and a 25g and stand all have the same middle gap.

I'm not sure then. I've only bought two stand. Built the rest of them. Hopefully someone else will chime in with another answer.

Back
Top Bottom