new baby, new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrazil230

Aquarium Advice Activist
My wife gave birth to our 2nd child on 12/26 and now my mother in law is bringing me a 10 gallon tank, she says if I have a tank and my other daughter has a tank than the new baby needs 1 too. I have a 55gal Malawi cichlid tank and my daughter has a pink princess themed 29 gal community tank so now I need ideas for this new baby tank

Its a little girl, baby Lelah Jordan. And I'm kinda intrigued by these shrimp tanks I've been hearing about, what kind of shrimp are they

Any shrimp you want works. Most people start off with Cherry Shrimp. They are easy to keep, colorful, and breed easily. In my 2 gallon shrimp tank (soon to be upgraded to a 5) I have Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp, along with two amano shrimp. I really like my shrimp, very entertaining.

Lots of live plants :) They eat the bio film off the leaves, and like to march and flit through the leaves.

I'm really digging on the shrimp. How many shrimp could I put in a 10 gallon, and do different species get along

I'm really digging on the shrimp. How many shrimp could I put in a 10 gallon, and do different species get along

For cherry shrimp, 100, easily. Yes, all shrimp get along, with the exception of Ghost Shrimp. They can actually be very aggressive.

Cherry Shrimp are Neocaridina (sp) shrimp. Dwarf shrimp. That means all shrimp that has Neocardina in their scientific name can breed. Their ofspring will all be dull colored, not bright red, yellow, blue, pink or whatever.

The above is the same with Caridina shrimp.

So if you want to keep two different species, one has to be a Neocaridina, and one has to be a Caridina. Like Crystal Red Shrimp.

In my planted tank I use CaribSea EcoComplete. It looks very nice and is great for plants, too!

Back
Top Bottom