New build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I was looking at the add ons that rapidled.com had and I got confused on that to get.... Any help would be great

Came home from work and my water is clear as can be I am getting happy. I think I will leave the shrimp in the tank until Friday then let it go for a week and take my first test of the levels

Attachments

• image-669094612.jpg
    image-669094612.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 121
See the fuzz on the shrimp? That has already shown a lot of breakdown. I would take a test of your levels now. Given the size of your tank, when your ammonia hits 4ppm, you can back it out.

Very good point I took it out and will let it run I will do first water test this weekend but I am going to go a ammonia test today to make sure it's there

Good call because if it breaks down to much, you're tank will smell horrible. Also, you will have a do a much larger change when the cycle is complete. Like I said, when you hit 4ppm, you will be set!! :)

I heard that running your tank warm for the cycle will speed things up. Bacteria have a better culture rate at 83-85 degrees. Just something I heard on a thread...

Well good my tank is at 83 deg. As it is lol going to move it this weekend to the living room to help it cool down

Chemipure when should I start running it in my tank? I put it in already so I hope it wasn't to soon. Any advice on that would be great.
Also I tested my water and has anyone ever heard of ammonia dropping to zero over night? Yesterday I tested it was at .25 ppm and I just tested today and it's 0 ppm???? Seems odd to me

Going to test one more time just to make sure.... And if I get the same reading I will take my sample to my lfs and have them retest also

You may need to put the shrimp back in, normally you would keep testing until you hit 4ppm. .25 ammonia should not disapeer if you did not use any cured items in the tank. Lastly, I personally would have waited until the cycle was over to add the chemipure. I actually do not really care for the stuff, but that's my opinion and should affect anyone's tank journey.

Ok I just retested and I think my kit might be out of date now it is showing about the same as it was yesterday so it looks like its off to my lfs for a new test kit

rob_mango said:
Ok I just retested and I think my kit might be out of date now it is showing about the same as it was yesterday so it looks like its off to my lfs for a new test kit

Are you using a liquid test kit? The strips are about as accurate as a blindfolded dizzy 4 year old with a bow and arrow (off the wall much? Lol)

I like the blue look as well but I also want the growth to be good and I would love to have sps as well

Ok here we go I think this led combo will look really good please tell me what you think there all Cree LEDs
3 Xp-e green
3 xp-e red
6 XT-e royal blue
12 xp-g cool white
Let me know if you think it will give a nice pop to the color

I always thought red and green LEDs were for freshwater plants. Corals prefer color temperature on the blue side. I have been wrong before...

I don't think the red and green LEDs are helpful just mostly for looks. I would do some research on this and then make a decision on the addition of multi-colored LEDs to the fixture to see of its something you want.

I was reading and I found out the red and green LEDs won't help the coral at all but it will help with color to make it pop

Back
Top Bottom