New Centerpiece Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatterz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! Recently my Dwarf Gourami died :(. This leaves me without any standout fish in my tank. I have a 29g tank with guppies/tetras/cories. I have always admired the German Blue Ram and have recently discovered a LFS carries them! I was wondering if one would do well in the tank with the other fish. I have a few live plants, a cave, and some wood in the tank, I could always get more plants/caves if need be. Also would it be suitable to maybe get 2? Would they possibly help with my guppy fry control? I don't have a set up to save babies, but if a few make it I don't mind.

Not too worried about bio-load as I'm running a topfin 30 and 60 filters, enough to cylcle the water ~15Xhour. Just worried about compatibility and room for the fish to be happy.

Current Stock:
8 Guppies (Misc Guppy Fry 5-10 under .5inch)
10 Neon Tetra
4 Albino Cory
1 Pleco (~3inch)

I've heard that they are good fish, but I have no direct experience with them. You might also consider Pearl Gouramis. They are very peaceful fish and their coloration is gorgeous.

GBR are good fish, when they form a pair it is very interesting. They'll go fine with your fish however I'm not sure they'll compensate for your fry. Be careful with GBRs and cories however, mine get all aggressive at each other during feeding time. Pearl gouramis are good, not to mention moonlight gouramis.

Thank you for the quick replies! I hope to get one within a week or so! (y)

Funniest part is that since the gourami has died the tetras think they are guppies too and havent been schooling as usual.

Back
Top Bottom