New cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ARon9501

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So today I went to drop by one of my favorite LFS and I couldn't believe I found German Blue Rams! I have been calling all LFS and everyone said no. But surprisingly this guys had them at his shop. I instantly told him 2 of those and thanked him for having them. I was really happy I finally got what I've been looking for.

Attachments

• image-1633847027.jpg
    image-1633847027.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 202
  • image-32740516.jpg
    image-32740516.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 215
here are a few pics of my female gbr's. they are great fish and with the proper care they can be very rewarding to have in your aquarium. good luck.(y)

Ive wanted to breed them but they are pretty common i herd, tell me if I am wrong.

Colorado, they had a couple but i don't know i might keep them in the near future with apistos. sorry didn't mean to steal thread

here are a few pics of my female gbr's. they are great fish and with the proper care they can be very rewarding to have in your aquarium. good luck.(y)

NICE looking German Blue Ram! I love Rams as well... However, your GBR looks like a male in my opinion... I could be mistaken but from what I researched and in my experience, the males are more colorful and have a sharp corners towards the rear of the dorsal fin. While the female has rounded corners and a reddish belly. Here's a picture of my Rams and I photoshopped it together to outline the differences between the male and female. I found looking at the dorsal fin to be most useful when selecting GBR's and the LFS when they are stressed and or real young, in which case the reddish belly of the female would be hard to find. :)

img_1476815_2_c6a6bb892265160a41ce84c9c6ff5bbd.jpg
[/IMG]

NICE looking German Blue Ram! I love Rams as well... However, your GBR looks like a male in my opinion... I could be mistaken but from what I researched and in my experience, the males are more colorful and have a sharp corners towards the rear of the dorsal fin. While the female has rounded corners and a reddish belly. Here's a picture of my Rams and I photoshopped it together to outline the differences between the male and female. I found looking at the dorsal fin to be most useful when selecting GBR's and the LFS when they are stressed and or real young, in which case the reddish belly of the female would be hard to find. :)

img_1476831_0_c6a6bb892265160a41ce84c9c6ff5bbd.jpg
[/IMG]
i agree with you. i always thought they were male as well but someone told me they think they are females because they get along so well and never fight. also sometimes they have the spots on the black along their side and sometimes they are difficult to see. anyway i don't care male or female i love my rams! i really think the neon blue is outstanding on them. looks like it was painted on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom