New fish friend here !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NovaInk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone ! I'm a fellow fish friend here, but I'm still new to everything so I know I have many things to learn. :fish2:

I recently set up a new 10-gallon tank a couple of months ago from the LED Aquarium Starter Kit 10 by AQUA culture found at Walmart ( or at least that's where I got it). I also purchased an automatic aquarium heater by JEBO 2010 that is 25 W, and that I keep at 76 degrees Fahrenheit for my tropical community tank.
The first month I only had one fish in the tank, which was a male fancy cobra guppy that I named Leo, as it was recommended by the tropical fish store I went to. He was a "test" fish to see if the water and overall tank was good and cycled to add more in. Things proved positive and I gradually added more fish up until I met around the max fish I could keep in the 10-gallon tank.
Right now I have 1 female dalmatian molly, 1 male (?) peppered cory catfish, and 3 male guppies ( 2 are elephant ear guppies, and the other is a cobra Endler guppy). I fail to mention having Leo, my fancy cobra guppy, because he actually was bullied to death by the dalmatian molly, and actually died this morning. I'll probably make another post about that later.
Anyways, on a brighter note, I'm saving up to buy another tank to move my catfish and molly in. This new tank I plan to have sand, for the cory, and will add more peppered cory catfishes. Alongside adding more mollies. So that will be fun, plus I want to get another fancy guppy or two, and I dont want to risk my molly killing them (note: she doesn't harass the other guppies, it was only the fancy cobra guppy) .
So yea!
Nice to meet all of you and thank you if you read all of this haha :D

Hello everyone ! I'm a fellow fish friend here, but I'm still new to everything so I know I have many things to learn. :fish2:

I recently set up a new 10-gallon tank a couple of months ago from the LED Aquarium Starter Kit 10 by AQUA culture found at Walmart ( or at least that's where I got it). I also purchased an automatic aquarium heater by JEBO 2010 that is 25 W, and that I keep at 76 degrees Fahrenheit for my tropical community tank.
The first month I only had one fish in the tank, which was a male fancy cobra guppy that I named Leo, as it was recommended by the tropical fish store I went to. He was a "test" fish to see if the water and overall tank was good and cycled to add more in. Things proved positive and I gradually added more fish up until I met around the max fish I could keep in the 10-gallon tank.
Right now I have 1 female dalmatian molly, 1 male (?) peppered cory catfish, and 3 male guppies ( 2 are elephant ear guppies, and the other is a cobra Endler guppy). I fail to mention having Leo, my fancy cobra guppy, because he actually was bullied to death by the dalmatian molly, and actually died this morning. I'll probably make another post about that later.
Anyways, on a brighter note, I'm saving up to buy another tank to move my catfish and molly in. This new tank I plan to have sand, for the cory, and will add more peppered cory catfishes. Alongside adding more mollies. So that will be fun, plus I want to get another fancy guppy or two, and I dont want to risk my molly killing them (note: she doesn't harass the other guppies, it was only the fancy cobra guppy) .
So yea!
Nice to meet all of you and thank you if you read all of this haha :D

Welcome to AA! :welcome: Sounds like it's already too late to save you from multiple tank syndrome! :lol:

Haha it seems so! Thank you for the warm welcome :D

Back
Top Bottom