New fish... Identification?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Owl307

Aquarium Advice Freak
I couldn't resist this fish today, actualy make that two lol. BUt when i typed in the name the guy had said they were for more info. It wasnt. I will get some pics tonight but first. The first one looks like some kind of algea eater. It is not a otto or chinesse algea eater. The guy called it a stick fish and boy that name fits! It had that little xuction cup for a mouth, long skiny body. Brown. sorta pointy nose too. Again pics. will come later. The next one I have Identified as lohachata botia. Any one have any experiance with these? How big will both of these fish get? Thank you all in advance. I will go get some pics. now

The first one could be a twig catfish maybe? (Farlowella sp)

farlowella2.jpg

I dunno though, I'm just guessing. Would be way easier with pics haha!
They get pretty big though, like 6"+

Morgie said:
The first one could be a twig catfish maybe? (Farlowella sp)

I dunno though, I'm just guessing. Would be way easier with pics haha!
They get pretty big though, like 6"+

This is what I was thinking to.
Nice

I was wanting one of these but decided it wouldn't be good to put it in a 30 gallon. Very interesting fish.

40 gallons should be good enough

Here are the pics! they are still in the bag

Attachments

• twig fish and yoyo loach 008.jpg
    twig fish and yoyo loach 008.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 103
  • twig fish and yoyo loach 003.jpg
    twig fish and yoyo loach 003.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 96
  • twig fish and yoyo loach 006.jpg
    twig fish and yoyo loach 006.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 90
  • twig fish and yoyo loach 007.jpg
    twig fish and yoyo loach 007.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 98
Now I know why you couldn't resist!
I wouldn't trust buying fish from someone who didnt even know what they are though. What if they had special care requirements.

I actually really trust them, my fav. place to look for more odd fish that arent seen in like a pet smart. Plus they never have the same fish. They are always getting new species so each time i get tempted. :)

farlowella are such cool fish! I'm jealous :)
I really want one for my 55gal. Oddball cats are my jam.
Very nice botia too!

Thanks! I love the little yoyo. I have him with some kuhlis in a fry tank (the fry are old enough to fend for them selves) We care calling the farowella twiggy:ROFLMAO:. Havent decided on the yoyo yet. Would just one yoyo alone be ok? could i keep him in a ten? I want a ten for nekt to my bed with a few small tetras (the smallest I can find) and a small center piece. Just enough tetras to school but I dont wanna over crowd the tank so mabe a 20... But it wouldnt fit on the stand :( ideas? oh and what about a banded dwarf loach? I friend of mine said they might work in a ten? and he'll have some at the gcca swap.... Ive heard they just popped up in 2009 too.

Back
Top Bottom