New fish only tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish25

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok well, we have our first ever tank going through the cycling process right now, we have about 7 pounds of live rock and 23 pounds of dry rock. I have heard that getting a domino damsel will help speed the cycling process up, would 6 weeks be an adequate amount of time for the cycling process before we get a clownfish? Also what is the best temperature for a fish only tank, right now it's set to 78? Looking forward to hearing from you all thanks.

Clowns can go in right away i put mine in after only 1 week and had no deaths

Sharklover said:
Clowns can go in right away i put mine in after only 1 week and had no deaths

What about the nitrogen cycle and what size tank do u have?

Your going to want to let the and cycle for at least a month depending on your test readings. Your going to need an ammonia source ie. raw shrimp or pure ace ammonia and you will have to dose it until you dose and do not see any ammonia or nitrites.

Your going to want to let the and cycle for at least a month depending on your test readings. Your going to need an ammonia source ie. raw shrimp or pure ace ammonia and you will have to dose it until you dose and do not see any ammonia or nitrites.

x2 DO NOT put clowns in while cycling. I don't care how hardy people say they are.

For damsels and clowns, you might want something closer to 76 degrees. It's your choice, but cycling using fish is considered inhumane by some. You might want to ask your local dealer if he will sell you a handful of pre-cycled gravel to increase your bioload.

Back
Top Bottom