new fish problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wapparia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone.

Quick question on new fish. I currently have a 150litre tank with 1 clown 1 cardinal, 3 green chromis, 2 chalk gobys and 1 fox face rabbit. The tank has been set up for around 1 year and everything is great.

My question is I have put. A dwarf angel in and the fox face would not let him settle and feed and would chase him around until it died bullying him. I tried a small fish which wouldn't be a threat but he bullied that until it died.

Is there any way to be able to get the fox face to accept new fish without it killing them ?

Thank you for any help

Catch the foxface in a net before adding to allow a new addition to hide. Might also just remove the foxface for a week or rearrange the rockwork to make it feel like it is some where new and doesn't own the tank.

I gave it a go and so far so good. Added a sail fin tang silver belly wrasse and humbug last night after catching him and putting him in bucket for an hour and moving all the rock around putting all the fish in then him back and I can tell a difference to when I put fish in last time. Cheers

Your very overstocked and the fox face and tang both need larger tanks which will add to the aggression issues your having as they get bigger/older.

Back
Top Bottom