new fish, strange behaviour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay_new

Aquarium Advice Newbie
yesterday i got 2 dwarf gourami, settled them in to the tank slowly and released them. they were fine. this morning the are acting very strange. both swimming up and down the same bit of glass (hexagonal tank) then going up to the surface and shooting a jet of water out, then one jumped clean out of the water (landed in the tank thankfully!)
any ideas on this guys??

I have dwarfs they are funny the shooting out of the tank is what they do in the wild to knock down prey from trees or insects flying above the water they will also make a weird clicking noise to lol they also jump out of the water for the same reason to catch prey.... The swimming up and down is just because they dont know their surroundings yet they are just fine

thanks xfactor, i was starting to get a little worried! i am yet to hear the clicking but im sure i will when they are all settled in!

Also this could be a dominance behavior towards each other. Keep an eye because one will be the dominant fish, and can start to bully the other one.

Back
Top Bottom