New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jesse18 said:
I'm new to saltwater and people told me they were a good fish to start out with

Hes very hardy, but agressive. Choose tankmates wisely

Depends... Some will, others will constantly attack each other. Very territorial.

How big is your nano? The yellow tail is one of the least aggressive the three stripe and the domino are the most aggressive from what I have seen. You might consider a clarki clown they are a little more aggressive but make sure your tank is large enough so there isn't a problem over territory.

Personally i would yank the damsel and swap it for a pair of clowns...Clowns are in the damsels family(cousins i guess you could say)and it could get ugly with one yellow tail and one clown...with 2 clowns however,,chances are they will pair up..that won't happen with a damsel and a clown

yeah,,but why...Is your tank not cycled?The reason some people still cycle with damsel fish is because they are hardy and only 3 bucks,,but clowns are 25 and up..i would make sure your tank is done and stable first

It is done I was just wondering because I am new to saltwater and I am just wondering what are some hardy types of fish that are good for beginners

Back
Top Bottom